Posted by http://withfoodandlove.com/aperitivo-strawberry-chamomile/
© 2016 With Food + Love. All rights reserved.
Shrubs make for great drinks on their own. Pour an ounce or two of shrub over ice and top with club soda. This shrub is honey sweetened. To make it truly vegan substitute the honey with agave, maple syrup or cane sugar. This will keep for a minimum of 7 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup local raw honey
- 1 cup raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- In a small sauce pan, bring the water and strawberries to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. Add in the honey and stir to dissolve. Then add in the apple cider vinegar. Stir again to combine well.
- Strain the strawberries from the liquid and discard.
- Cool completely before use.