Simple Roasted Chili Lime Asparagus
A naturally, gluten-free chili lime asparagus side dish.
A time to celebrate all things rebirth and renewal.
And all things green and fresh and vibrant.
And, all thing asparagus.
Asparagus peaks from early April to late June. And there are a lot of reasons to take advantage of this springtime crop. It is packed with good-for-you vitamins and minerals like A, C, E, K, and B6, as well as folate, iron, copper, calcium, protein and fiber. Asparagus is low in calories and low in fat. But! High in fiber. So load up on it and it will leave you feeling light yet full and satisfying.
Asparagus keeps your urinary tract happy.
It’s full of antioxidants, especially the purple variety.
It may help your hangover.
And, it beats that bloat.
This chili lime asparagus is simple and fresh. And comes together with minimal ingredients, time and energy. Chances are you can make this with the pantry staples you have on hand. If you have chili powder, olive oil, salt, pepper and lime on hand – you are good to go.
Fresh lime juice and zest makes this dish, there is no substitute.
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the asparagus and trim the ends. In a small bowl combine the olive oil, chili powder, lime juice, zest and salt. Whisk until well-combined.
- Spread the asparagus on the parchment paper and drizzle on lime juice mixture. Toss the asparagus lightly and organize the spears to lay them flat.
- Roast for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve the asparagus hot out of the oven.