Potato Salad with Massaged Kale + Grainy Mustard
I love overly-indulgent, mayonnaise-rich potato salad.
I could eat gallons of it.
This is a confession.
But, also I love a potato salad that is rich with flavor, spice, depth and texture. One that you can feel proud to serve at all your barbecues, parties and picnics this summer. This potato salad with massaged kale and grainy mustard dressing is exactly that.
- 8 - 10 small yellow potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups kale, super finely shredded
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup stone ground grainy mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or scallions, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, drain when they are done cooking and then set them aside.
- In a medium bowl toss the finely shredded kale with the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Massage together with your hands for 3 minutes - it will turn slightly wilted and bright green.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the remaining olive oil, mustard, garlic powder, chives, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well until the dressing is smooth and creamy. In a large bowl combine the potatoes, kale and grainy mustard dressing. Combine well and serve warm, or refrigerate until desired temperature has been reached.