Posted by http://withfoodandlove.com/creamy-dreamy-avocado-potato-salad/
© 2014 With Food + Love. All rights reserved.
Potato Salad with Massaged Kale + Grainy Mustard
This salad is great served warm or cold. It keeps well when stored in the refrigerator, and can be prepared ahead of time. I used the Lacinato kale variety, but curly kale would also work.
- 8 - 10 small yellow potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups kale, super finely shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup stone ground grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or scallions, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, drain when they are done cooking and then set them aside.
- In a medium bowl toss the finely shredded kale with the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Massage together with your hands for 3 minutes - it will turn slightly wilted and bright green.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the remaining olive oil, mustard, garlic powder, chives, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well until the dressing is smooth and creamy. In a large bowl combine the potatoes, kale and grainy mustard dressing. Combine well and serve warm, or refrigerate until desired temperature has been reached.