Posted by http://withfoodandlove.com/golden-bubbles-champagne-cocktail/
© 2016 With Food + Love. All rights reserved.
Golden Bubbles Champagne Cocktail
I have not tried making this with dried ingredients, although you could adapt it to fit pantry staples. Any champagne, prosescco or bubbly will work beautifully. It pairs well with sparkling water also for a drink sans booze. This yield 1½ cups golden elixir, enough to make approximately 12 drinks.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup fresh turmeric, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup maple syrup
- champagne or prosecco
- Combine the water, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 - 30 minutes. The longer it cooks, the stronger the flavor.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cool completely. Then add in your desired amount of maple syrup. Start with ¼ cup and build from there up to ½ cup.
- To assemble the cocktail, combine 1 part elixir to 3 parts champagne. Spoon the elixir in the bottom of the glass or flute and top with bubbles.
- Enjoy responsibly.