Posted by http://withfoodandlove.com/late-summer-ratatouille-and-ratatouille-stuffed-peppers/
© 2018 With Food + Love. All rights reserved.
Ratatouille Stew with White Beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups eggplant, diced small
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced small
- 2 cups zucchini, diced small
- 1 1/2 cup cooked white beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, optional
In a large sauce pan heat the olive oil and onion over low.
Sweat the onion for 5 minutes.
Then add in the garlic, and sweat for 1 minute more.
Turn the heat up to medium and add in the lemon juice and stir.
Next add in the eggplant, broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Then add in the tomatoes, zucchini, white beans and oregano, and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add in the basil and parsley. Remove from the heat and stir until the herbs are bright green.
Serve warm, and with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano on top if desired.