Posted by http://withfoodandlove.com/tagliatelle-with-lentil-mushroom-bolognese-sauce/
© 2016 With Food + Love. All rights reserved.
Tagliatelle with Lentil Mushroom Bolognese Sauce
Lightly adapted from Oh She Glows Every Day. I am using crushed tomatoes from a can that are unsalted and unseasoned. I chose gluten-free tagliatelle for the pasta, but you can use any kind of pasta you'd like, gluten-free or not.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, minced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, unsalted + unseasoned
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound tagliatelle
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- fresh parsley, optional
- herby oregano 'parm', optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Cook pasta according to the box instructions, drain and set aside until the sauce is ready.
- In a large sauce pot heat the olive oil over low heat and add in the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the mushrooms, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the spices and crushed tomatoes and stir. Bring the mixture to a simmer and add in the lentils. Simmer for another minute or two and remove from the heat and portion over pasta.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper, parsley and parm if you desire.