Posted by http://withfoodandlove.com/winter-tabbouleh-salad-with-clementine-thyme-dressing/
© 2015 With Food + Love. All rights reserved.
Sorghum Tabbouleh Salad with Clementine Thyme Dressing
Dressing inspired by Tal Ronnen's, Crossroads. If you don't have clementines, tangerines, grapefruit or oranges will also work.
- 3 cups curly kale, center ribs removed + finely shredded
- 1 cup cooked sorghum
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- juice from 2 clementines
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- leaves from 5 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- In a large bowl massage the kale with a tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of salt for 3 minutes, or until bright green and pliable.
- Then add in the sorghum, pomegranate arils, and chopped shallot. Mix altogether and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the clementine juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss thoroughly, and season with more salt and pepper if desired.