Super Basic Berry Superfood Smoothie
Servings 1 smoothie
- 1 cup mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 - 2 cups liquid (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (see notes)
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until totally smooth.
Drink as is or over ice.
Any preferred milk (dairy or non-dairy), unsweetened tea (like green or hibiscus) or plain filtered water will work for the liquid.
MCT oil is a wonderful healthy fat to incorporate into your diet. If you are new to MCT oil, start out small (1 teaspoon) and gradually increase (to 1 tablespoon) to avoid digestive pain. Alternatively, you can substitute coconut oil for MCT oil.
These are my favorite stainless steel straws.