Hello you guys. I have something really special for you today. These vanilla baked donuts come together in under twenty minutes. They are then dunked in an easy chocolate ganache, and topped with cacao nibs and edible rose petals. And they happen to be gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free. These are my dream donuts. And they’re all for you. Because I love you.
And because it is almost Valentine’s Day. As soon as I am done writing this, I am going to go pack my bags. I am about to go on a proper and much needed vacation to Italy, to visit my husband’s mother and family.
I am desperately trying to remain unplugged for the week. And even though I’m crazy excited about the idea of that, I know that it might not fully happen. I am going to try my best though. And I am sure I’ll be posting the best of my pizza, pasta and wine over on Instagram. So come and hang out over there with me. Living vicariously is good for the soul. Right?
These baked donuts are so easy.
This recipe for baked donuts uses just six ingredients. Nothing odd or complicated. Just basic pantry staples that you probably already have on hand. You can use all-purpose flour or the gluten-free flour I recommend in the directions. They are lightly sweetened with maple syrup. And then dipped into a luscious, easy chocolate ganache frosting. But the cacao nibs and rose petals might be my favorite part.
These baked donuts with an easy chocolate ganache are very appropriate for Valentine’s Day. But they are also very appropriate for anytime and for just because. Or to celebrate loving yourself. Also, I am really into eating rose petals right now. I love them in my tea. I love them in my cocktails. I love them in my desserts.
Vanilla Baked Donuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-free 1 to 1 Baking Flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- cacao nibs (to garnish)
- rose petals (to garnish)
- Easy Chocolate Ganache (see below)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, and lightly spray two donut pans with vegetable oil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup, milk, oil and vanilla extract and set aside.
- Then in a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Pour the wet ingredients and combine well, but be careful not to over-mix.
- Distribute the batter evenly into the donut pans and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the donuts from the oven and cool completely.
- Then dunk the donuts in the ganache frosting and sprinkle with cacao nibs and rose petals.