Red curry lentil stew with butternut squash and kale.
Oh, hey guys!
It’s been a minute.
A sincerest thank you.
For all your lovely comments on my last post.
I’m slowly getting a chance to respond to them all.
But I will.
I see you!
Actually, just in the past few days I have begun to feel a little bit more like myself. And I promise to bring this space back to its regular programming. Right after I get to the like two thousand months of abandoned emails, and my overwhelming to-do list (insert winking emoji).
For now though. This red curry lentil stew is where it’s at. Red curry, lentils, butternut squash, kale and lots of creamy coconut milk. It kind of has it all. All of the fall ingredients, a ton of flavor wrapped into a totally hearty, savory stew.
It is naturally gluten-free, and vegan (as per usual). And it is super easy to throw together in under thirty minutes. You can leftovers for quick lunches all week long. Or you can freeze the leftovers for a rainy, busy day. It full of flavor, satisfying and filling. And it’s been on repeat in my home for a while now. We can’t get enough. I hope you’ll enjoy it too.
There are some really great recipes floating around the internet right now. Here are some of my favorites from some of my favorite people.
Amanda from Heartbeet Kitchen’s honey garlic caramelized carrots. I cannot stop eating these. And Lily from Kale & Caramel’s citrus turmeric rever upper juice. It is bright, sunny and everything winter ever wanted you to have in a glass.
Beth from Tasty Yummies’s roasted cabbage with garlic tahini and toasted pepitas is on deck for meals this week. And Renee from Will Frolic for Food’s almost raw vegan cheesecake cups with berry chia jam. Because I mean, cheesecake you guys.
What are you guys into making and eating lately? I’d love to know what you’re vibing on and maybe some recipes that you might want and need too. Send me a message! I’ll just be in the kitchen making and eating this lentil stew.
Red Curry Lentil Stew with Butternut Squash + Kale
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced small
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 cup uncooked black lentils
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups butternut squash diced small
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups kale see notes
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat the olive oil on low and sauté the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Next add in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Turn the heat up to medium and stir in the lime juice and red curry paste.
- Then add the lentils, broth and bay leaves. Stir, cover the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Add in the butternut squash and coconut milk and stir. Simmer until the butternut squash is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Lastly, toss in the kale and cook for 1 minute or until it is tender and bright green. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if necessary and serve warm.