Posted by http://withfoodandlove.com/basil-whipped-ricotta-with-tomato-salad/
© 2017 With Food + Love. All rights reserved.
Basil Whipped Ricotta with Tomato Salad
I like to use whole milk ricotta because if you're going to eat this it might as well be the creamiest. But part-skim ricotta will work as well. This can be made in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Any variety of tomatoes will work in this recipe, and cucumbers could be substituted in for the zucchini.
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a food processor pulse the ricotta, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper until it's super smooth and creamy.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the tomatoes, zucchini, parsley, vinegar and remaining olive oil and pinch of sea salt.
- To plate, top each portion of ricotta with the salad and serve.