Posted by http://withfoodandlove.com/maple-baked-pears/
© 2017 With Food + Love. All rights reserved.
Maple Baked Pears with a Chocolaty Crumble + Coconut Cream
Any pear variety will work. As long as they are very ripe. The riper the better as they'll roast quicker and more tenderly. My favorite coconut creams are this Vanilla Gingerand this Earl Grey, both would be delicious in this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, pat dry and sliced the pear in half. Squeeze the lemon juice on their insides and scoop out their core. Place them in a baking pan and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Pour the mixture over the pears and place the pears in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the pears or tender and the juices are bubbling.
- Meanwhile chop the Ancient Grain Bars up into tiny pieces. This will be the crumble.
- Pull the pears out of the oven and sprinkle half the crumble over the top and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Top each pear with some coconut cream and sprinkle the remaining crumble on top. Serve right away and warm.