Thank you Rio Luna Organic Peppers for sponsoring this post. Rio Luna Organic Peppers are certified organic, non-GMO and fat free. And cholesterol free, low calorie and kosher. For flavorful and spicy recipe ideas follow Rio Luna on Facebook and Instagram.
Thanksgiving is a only a few days away. Are you ready. Have you planned your menu yet? Are you hosting? Or are you going to be a guest? I’m so sorry for all of the questions. I’ll stop now because I realize this is probably adding more stress than help.
So no matter what your plans are. These sweet potato crostini would be a great addition to your holiday party. They’re so simple, loaded with flavor and they take twenty minutes to put together. The brie and the jalapeños, and the honey and the herbs are a match made in heaven. These flavors are meant to be together.
Make sweet potato crostini magic.
Use white potatoes instead of sweet potatoes for a Thanksgiving turned magical Christmas appetizer. Firstly, use whichever potato you prefer for the crostini. Secondly, finish the recipe as usual. And after that, enjoy. You could even add a pop of pomegranate because that would be extra festive. And very tasty.
This sweet potato crostini as a holiday appetizer is sponsored by Rio Luna Organic Peppers. I am proud to partner with Rio Luna because I love their mission. Rio Luna peppers are certified organic, non-GMO, fat and cholesterol-free, low calorie and kosher. I’m embracing my new Tex-Mex culture lately so I’ve been adding these jalapeños to everything.
Rio Luna produces the highest quality organic peppers because of their committed standards. They work with trusted growing partners who use smart sustainability practices like drip irrigation, recycling initiatives and crop rotation.
You can visit the Rio Luna Organic Peppers site for coupons to purchase the jalapeños used in this pink drink at Kroger or Whole Foods.
Sweet Potato Crostini with Brie and Honey and Jalapeños
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces brie
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup jarred jalapeños, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice the sweet potato into 1/8 inch thick medallions. Coat the sweet potatoes and spread them onto the baking sheet making sure they are not touching each other. Roast for 10 minutes, then flip and roast for 5 minutes more.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, slice the brie into small pieces. Then remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool. Top them with the brie, salt and pepper, and then drizzle them with honey. Finish them off with a sliced jalapeño and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
More holiday appetizers you will love.
This post is sponsored by Rio Luna Organic Peppers; all opinions are my own.