These sweet potato crostini with brie, honey and jalapenos make a wonderful fall or holiday appetizer. A naturally gluten-free, and vegetarian bite.
Thank you Rio Luna Organic Peppers for sponsoring this post. Rio Luna Organic Peppers are certified organic, non-GMO, fat free, cholesterol free, low calorie and Kosher. For flavorful and spicy recipe ideas follow Rio Luna on Facebook and Instagram.
Thanksgiving is eight days away. Eight days! Can you even believe it? Have you planned your menu? Are you hosting dinner? Or are you going to be a guest at someone’s table? I’m sorry for all of the questions. I’ll stop now. I realize this is probably more pressure and stress than help.
However, no matter what your plans are these sweet potato crostini would be a great addition to your holiday party. They are so simple, nutrient-dense and packed with flavor. They also take just twenty minutes to put together. The brie and the jalapeños, and the honey and the herbs are a match made in heaven. These flavors are meant to be together.
And for a Thanksgiving turned Christmas vibe, you could easily turn these sweet potato crostini into regular white potato crostini. Just swap out your potato of choice, and finish the recipe as usual. You could even add a pop of pomegranate because that would be extra festive. And extra tasty.
This sweet potato crostini as a holiday appetizer is sponsored by Rio Luna Organic Peppers. And I’m super into these certified organic, non-GMO babes. I’m fully embracing my new Tex-Mex culture right now with sweet tea sangria and adding these jalapeños for an extra kick of spice to every meal and recipe.
Rio Luna works with trusted growing partners who value and utilize sustainability practices such as drip irrigation, recycling initiatives and crop rotation to cultivate the best possible peppers in the most responsible way. Visit the Rio Luna Organic Peppers site here for coupons to purchase at Kroger or Whole Foods.
Sweet Potato Crostini with Brie Honey and Jalapeños
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces brie
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup jarred jalapeños, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice the sweet potato into 1/8 inch thick medallions. Coat the sweet potatoes and spread them onto the baking sheet making sure they are not touching each other. Roast for 10 minutes, then flip and roast for 5 minutes more.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, slice the brie into small pieces. Then remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool. Top them with the brie, salt and pepper, and then drizzle them with honey. Finish them off with a sliced jalapeño and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
More holiday appetizers you will love.
This post is sponsored by Rio Luna Organic Peppers; all opinions are my own. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.