Posted by http://withfoodandlove.com/fresh-tomato-sauce/
© 2016 With Food + Love. All rights reserved.
Ten Minute Fresh Tomato Sauce
The secret to this sauce is in the accuracy of these steps. Be sure to read through the entire recipe before you make it. The sauce will stay refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days, and in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced small
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste + 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups tomatoes, cored + diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- In a large sauce pan heat the olive oil over low heat. Toss in the onions, garlic, salt and pepper, and Sweat for three minutes.
- While the onions are and garlic are cooking mix the tomato paste with the warm water, and set aside.
- To the pan, add in the water, tomatoes and tomato paste mixture and stir to combine well and cover. Turn the heat up to high and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Uncover, and remove from heat. Pour the tomatoes into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until you've reached your desired consistency. Add in the fresh herbs, and pulse once or twice more.