I’m Sherrie and I’m a soupaholic. Yes, it is true. I’m a soupaholic and I just can’t get enough. I love it, any kind, any time. It warms up my soul and makes everything just a-ok. There is absolutely nothing better in the world than snuggling up with a warm bowl of chowder on a chilly wintery day.
This Creamy Potato Chowder is so hearty; a complete bowl of soul-satisfying goodness. And seriously, I’m just going to say it because I love this soup so much: this might be the best bowl of soup you’ll eat all winter long. Most chowders are full of dairy, leaving your belly feeling pretty heavy. Since I replaced the dairy with cashew cream, this soup is both lighter and naturally vegan.
Creamy Potato Chowder with a Touch of Red Wine
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup frozen organic sweet corn
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 4 hours
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- coarse ground pepper, to taste
- sliced green onions, for garnish
Head over to Potluck to view my complete recipe!